- Transfer of heat by actual motion of material.
- Eg : Hot air furnace, the hot water heating system and flow of blood in the body.
- Rate of transfer of heat in convection is directly proportion to the temperature difference between two parts of the convective fluid and to the surface area of the fluid exposed.
- Heat is transmitted only vertically upward.
- Faster than conduction but slower than radiation.
- Room Ventilation (Warm air moves outside through the ventilators continuously keeping the room cool)
- Trade winds (Convection current of air blows from north east towards the equator, which is called trade wind.)